Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Rules

Go down

Official Rules Empty Official Rules

Post  Jia Zhi Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:10 pm

Alright everyone, they are:

Official Rules TheRules_Kelvin-480x296

General Rules

1. No god-moding, metagaming, or powerplaying.
God-moding is the tendency to make your character unrealistically powerful. Metagaming is applying OOC knowledge to your character. Powerplaying is taking control of someone else's character without permission. None of these are okay.

2. When it comes to adult content, be reasonable.
I don't intend to censor anyone but remember the rating for this site is PG-13. If there is going to be a considerable amount of swearing or violence, put a warning in the title, and if it's going to get any worse than that, move to private messages.

3. Respect the staff and fellow members.
I probably don't need to extrapolate on this one. Play nice.

4. Be active.
If you disappear for more than 3 weeks without warning, your account may get deleted, especially if you play a canon character. If you don't post a reasonably complete profile within about a week of joining, your account will probably be deleted.

5. Don't advertise in the wrong place.
Please don't advertise your own website through the RP boards, your signature, or private messaging system. There is a now a specific board for you to post your site ad.

6. Put forth some effort.
As of now I am not going to impose any kind of post length minimum, but do what you can to avoid one liners. Posts are to be in third person, past or present tense. No asterisks to denote speech and action. If you have trouble spelling, it's only considerate that you use spell check before submitting your posts. There is now a spell check option for quick posts, so there is no excuse not to. It will make it much easier for other members to RP with you.

7. Keep up with your threads
Currently, there is no limit to how many topics you can join, or how far apart they are. Just make sure you can keep track of all of them, and aren't making your partner wait too long.

8. Do not RP until your profile is approved.
After you join and post your profile, a staff member will read over it for accuracy and clarity, and then reply to it to tell you if you have been approved, and if you need to fix anything. Then you are free to roleplay.

9. Respect posting order.
Give everyone in the thread some time to post before you continue. I understand that sometimes people get busy and can't post for quite a few days, and then it's acceptable to skip them until their next turn. But don't move a thread along too quickly and leave someone behind.

10. Do not minimod.
If you see someone breaking the rules, please tell a staff member rather than informing them yourself. Only staff members are allowed to post on new profiles, unless specifically asked to by an administrator to approve parts of an application.

11. There's no Cannon Characters allowed
This is pretty self explanatory, this is a different time period so Aang, Katara, Zuku etc. aren't alive. Therefore you must play as your own custom character.

Fanworks Rules

1. Don't post anything unless you created it or helped create it.

2. Rating restrictions still apply - no R or NC-17 art or stories.

3. Don't be rude. Constructive criticism is appreciated unless the artist has specified otherwise, but if you can't be civil about it, just don't post.

Combat Rules

1. No god-moding. I know I said this before but it's a sadly common thing to see. When fighting, take into account the experience, age, and power level of your character and your opponent. For instance, your 14 year old bender wouldn't last a second against Azula, so be careful who you provoke.

2. No matter how a post is phrased, only you have the power to say whether or not your opponent's attacks hit you (unless it's being moderated) and vice versa. Don't evade too many times in a row.

3. Agni Kai duels will be moderated. This means after each opponent posts, a moderator will respond saying whether or not their attack found its mark and how much damage it did. If you want to have a fight outside an Agni Kai moderated, just send a message to a staff member.

-Jia Zhi

Jia Zhi

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum